With 2021 right around the corner, and many of us anxious to leave 2020 behind, Megan Weis, CPA, MBA took some time on the CFO Weekly podcast this week to share her predictions for the accounting world in 2021.
- Remote work is here to stay: With 42% of the U.S. workforce working from home, and nearly 100% of those wishing to keep it that way, companies are seeing the long-term benefits of remote work.
- Continued cloud migration: Companies are going to continue to migrate their accounting platforms and other applications to the cloud, due to its enhanced security, scalability and ease of use.
- Outsourcing will increase: The work-from-home mandate as well as the need to cut costs is going to drive demand for cost savings through outsourcing and offshoring.
- Continued cost-cutting: Cutting costs is going to be front and center for most CFOs as the U.S. stares down the possibility of another recession and recovers from COVID.
- Data will gain power: Data is going to become more crucial than ever and being able to use and leverage your data is going to be a competitive advantage.
Want to stay on top of all the news in the finance and accounting world, including predictions and advice for 2021? Follow this link.
#accounting #finance #business #podcast #podcastlove #predictions #2021